Friday, December 23, 2011

Finishing Bandit, Working on new project

Today, I decided that since I’m off for a whole month from my schoolwork, I’ve decided to work on a new project …in a different genre. I know, I know, I have been saying I’ve wanted to write a YA novel for the longest time but I’m still working on the final chapter of Bandit but it’s time that I took a break from that book for awhile (After I finish the final chapter of course) and try to focus on something else for awhile in a different genre. I know exactly what that genre is going to be (Romance) and I’m going to start a romance novel over the holidays. Knowing that it’s going to take me longer than a month to write the book, I’m going to have to go by a strict schedule to get all of it done.

If I want to become a full time writer, I have to set deadlines for myself so that when the time comes for publishers to ask for my work, it’ll already be in on their desk or in their mailboxes ahead of time. I need to get on the ball with everything and stop being so lazy about doing what I have to do in order to succeed in the publishing world. I know that I want to be an author but I don’t want to be one of those people who’s all talk and no action. I want to be different.

I am going to be different.

Maybe that’s what should be my new year’s resolution: To stop being so lazy in getting things done and DO THE WORK.

Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for people who have a mission to pursue their dreams in whatever profession they want. It is also a place where asipring authors can talk about thier road to publication.