Friday, January 29, 2010

What writing means to me...

What does writing mean to me?

Writing means getting up at six in the morning and heading straight to my room to write a HUGE outline for a novel.

Writing means typing up that outline on the computer until my fingers bleed (Or they grow tired, whichever comes first).

Writing means being able to take that outline and rewrite two or three times so I try not to make the same mistakes as I did in my other manuscripts.

Writing means getting started and finishing that first draft no matter how crappy it is.

Writing means sitting down at the computer desk and typing that crappy first draft on the computer and printing it out to do the most dreaded part of all.

Writing means taking a cold hard look at your manuscript and saying "This is not good enough. You can do better."

Well, that's it (For now) I'm sure I'll come up with some more sometime next week. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for people who have a mission to pursue their dreams in whatever profession they want. It is also a place where asipring authors can talk about thier road to publication.