Friday, November 13, 2009

My Introduction

Hello everyone. My name is Dominique Gibson and I'm a woman on a mission.

My goal: To finish up the latest draft of my novel and send it out to Literary Agents and Publishers around the country.

My Dream: To write full-time and to have the opportunity for my Young Adult and eventually my romance reading fans to read my work and become insipred by it.

What I'm working on now: I'm working on a 100,000-word YA paranormal novel called The Electric eel Bandit'. It's about a thirteen-year-old boy who's on a mission of his own: To find the man that's responsible for killing him and his parents in a boating accident. While he's on his mission, He runs into a lot of trouble along the way invovling love, enemies, and even his mentor and second mom Dr. Madison.

What I may be leaving out: That my main character is a shapeshifter who came back to life by a science experiment that goes back thousands of years and that Dr. Madison is the woman who brought him back to life after she found him washed up on the shore.

A little bit about Me: I'm a college Graduate who has a B.A. in Fiction Writing from Columbia College Chicago. When I'm not writing, I spend way too much time watching soap operas, The vampire diaries, and reading about vampires (Twilight anyone?). I have been writing ever since I was eight-years-old.

My mission for this post: To reach out not only to aspiring writers who are trying to get published like I am, but to reach out to everyone who has a mission of their own. I would love for people post what their on goals and missions are on achieveing their dreams whether it's writing, fashion design, computers, etc. I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Dominique Gibson

P.S. , I will have the opportunity to post my sample chapter of my novel in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for people who have a mission to pursue their dreams in whatever profession they want. It is also a place where asipring authors can talk about thier road to publication.